April 28, 1918 - France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am well. I hope this letter find you well. I rec’d a letter from you a few days ago and believe me I be glad to hear from you. Your letter was dated Mar 30th. I am glad to know you had a visit to Orillia. Give me all the news when you write.

Well this is Sunday again. It has been a pretty quiet day. Lawson Rumney and I am batching at present. I wish you could call in and have a meal with us. Believe me we are some cooks. We mostly have about four meals a day. It has been some little while since I have been in the line. I have been one of the lucky ones to have a little rest. I have been at moving picture shows or concerts every night.

Well I guess seeding is the order of the day around home now. I often wonder how in the world you are managing. But I know you done well last year better then I could do so there is no need of me worrying. But do not work too hard, what you can not get done let go. I must ring off. Do not be worrying dear mother or sister. I am in the best of health and have been ever since I came to France. I will close. Heaps of love from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment