Oct 14 – London

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know to let you know I am well. This is my last days leave for a while so I am making the best of it I can. I have got to go back to France in the morning. Believe me these 14 days have flew. It is trying to rain this afternoon but that will not stop me from having a good time. I just had my dinner it was pretty good too. The people are not starving half as bad as they say they are over here.

I will put in some of my little ration coupons just to let you see what they have to use out here for meals. I have a lot more tickets than I ever used. I have over half of them left and have always had five or six meals a day. Believe me I am a lot fatter now then when I landed here.

I hope this letter finds you well. Now I don’t want you to be worrying about me for I am quite well and the hardships are not half as bad as you get into your heads. Why it is a picnic out here some times. And I trust that God will protect me and bring me safely though. It looks a lot like peace at present but we are never sure of it until we get it.

Well mother I have learnt a lot since I came away. I never had an idea of what London was like or some more of the cities. I can travel any place in those cities now and never get turned around. I know more now then some of those fellows around home will ever know if they live to be 190 years old and have seen places they will never sees.

Well I must soon ring off. I will be back with the Battn when I write the next letter. After this my address just put on the 4th Battn A. Coy. Do not put 4 platoon for I am not sure if I be in it when I go back. I was talking to one of the boys that came over yesterday and he said there was just three platoons to the Coy. I believe the No 4 was so badly cut up they put the few left in 1, 2 and 3 but they will be making it again so I am not sure what PLt I will be in and do not care. I would do very well to be in one.

Well bye bye dear mother and sister from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment