May 24 - France

Dear mother and sister

Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well hoping this letter will find you in the best of health. I received a letter from you a few days ago and believe me I sure be pleased to hear from you. It was dated April 27.

Well this is the twenty fourth of May. It has been raining here all morning. I am glad I have not got to stay out in it. You said in your letter that you were going over to Orillia the next day. What kind of a trip did you have. Did you drive over.

I am glad you put your garden in. You had Willie Robertson doing the back field. I think he would put it in good shape.

So Willie Finney got married. Did he think he would get exempted doing that. I heard that all the fellows that got exemption has got to turn out now. I hope it is written why everybody that asked for one got it.

No I never seen Harold or Frank. I was close to Harold’s Battn a month ago but did not know it until about two hours before we moved so I had no time to go to see them. I would have liked to seen Clarence and Ed too. I know a lot in their Battn.

Well mother how are you and Ada getting along. Where do you pasture her in the orchard. Do you wash the buggy and shine the brass on it the way I did. Ha ha. Some class I guess. Did you get any snaps taken this spring. Send me some if you did. I must ring off hoping to hear from you soon from your loving son and brother Bruce S. xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment