August 19

Dear mother and sister


I am now starting to write you a few lines but I do not intend to finish it until after dinner for I am expecting Canadian mail today. The last word I have had from you was last Tuesday. I got the two cards and the letter you sent with the snaps in it. I hope this letter will find you well as it leaves me fine at present.

I suppose you will have the oats cut by now. How did you manage to get them cut. I bet that there will be some nice St. Lawrence apples ripe now. I have had apples to eat and pears too. Well I have just finished my dinner and the mail has been given out but there was no mail today. But I expect there will be some tomorrow. Has Alexs been down lately. How are they.

We certainly have some fine Sundays believe me it makes a fellow feel lonesome. Sunday is one day you think more of home than any other. It seems quite long. Hugh Addison was away on his pass last week. He got back last night.

Well I have not got much to tell you I am quite well and ready for Old Friz’s. But it will be another week or two before I go to France yet. We have been in England three months now so that is a lot longer then I ever thought we would be. Well I must ring off hoping to hear from you soon and do take care of your selfs.

From your loving son and brother close with lots of love Bruce S xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment