June 15

Dear mother & sister


I received your letter today that was wrote on May the 27th and I was so glad to get it. It was the first letter and only one I have got from you since arriving at England. I was glad to hear how you dear folks were. I got two dollars in your letter today. You said you wrote me to St. John and sent two dollars but I have not got it yet. And say don’t you send any more money to me for I do not need it. I have never drawn any money since the 1st of May on the boat. I was in the hospital on the other paydays so it is payday here tomorrow again. I don’t spend very much here it is no use. I hope this letter will find you well. I am well but I am not drilling yet. I am not going until Monday. I am going to have a rest long as I can. Believe me I was glad to hear from you today. I got another letter and card from Myrtle today.

I supposed Ada is looking for me but it will not be long to I be back to look after her again. And I am quite sure you take better care of her than I would. Remember me to Alex, Annie and Roy.

Well I must close for this time. I remain your loving son and brother Bruce xxxxxx

I often think of you at home but I know everything is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment