September 9

Dear mother and sister,
Just a few more lines. I wrote you a few lines last night but thought I had better write a few more today. Or I thought you would be thinking I was getting careless of writing to you. But don’t you ever think that for I am always thinking of my dear mother and sister and I think most of the boys are the same way. But you know we don’t put in to blue atime, we have all kinds of concerts to pass the time away with. Well this is sure a nice Sunday. It is my first Sunday in France. My address, 4th Canadian Battn BEF (censored) BEF.
Has Alexs been down lately, how are they. Let me know all the news from Moonstone. Is it right that Jack Buchanan got out when Clarence brought the bride in. I would like to know how everything is around old Moonstone. How is Bud. Have you got many apples this year and do they sell good. Do you ever see those little girls of mine around the Harbour. Do they be asking about me.
Well I guess it is getting like fall around home. It has been over five months since we left Orillia. It has been a nice little while. Well I will close with love and trusting that you will take care of your selves. I am your loving son and brother Bruce S. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment