November 11

Dear mother and sister


I hope these few lines will find you both well. I am just fine. Standing the time well. I guess you have seen it in the paper where we have been making it a bit lively for Friz’s. I had all kinds of chances to get souvenirs of Frizs but I do not bother with them. As along as I can get through with my own hide that is all I want.

Well mother and Lizzie I have been getting letters and boxes from you but have not had time to write to you. I guess you will have a good idea how we be fixed at times. I got the other pair of gloves you sent me. That is two pair I have got from you and they are both dandy. You do not know how good they are in this wet cold fall weather.

I also got a box from the Red Cross that Mrs. Reid sent. This is the paper and pencil that I am using that I got in the box. The boys in my section thinks I get lots of boxes.

I seen Clarence Speerin about a week ago, he was well. I guess you hear about Bob Rumball being killed. Little Foster took it pretty hard. I was talking to him. There has been several of the 177 boys killed. I would tell their names but you would not know them.

Your boxes have been OK. In the last box the icing on the cake was so nice and soft.

Did I tell you I got another box from the Harbour and a pair of socks from Mrs. Sykes. Oh yes I had a letter from the Harbour saying that the Belfrys had been out to see you. I don’t think you will find much nicer people. They sure used me fine. Have you been over to Orillia lately. How is Myrtle. I get about two letters a week from her.

I am glad mother and Ada is such good friends. She will not want to see me if you use her that good. I guess she would be glad to see me. She sure was a good old pet. How are you making out for wood. I often think about you. But I will soon be home to get some. Well I must close. Remember dear mother and sister I love you. Hoping to hear from you soon. I am your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment