September 18

Dear mother & sister


I hope this letter will find you well as I feel fine and dandy. I know you will be wondering why I have not wrote sooner. But it has been impossible for me. We have been busy drilling. We are resting in our billets behind the lines now. We have not been up the line yet. I expect it will be some time yet before we go up. I am sorry I have not written you before this. It may be keeping you worrying. I have got one letter from you since I came here. I expect it will be some time before I get any now for we move about a bit. I see where I will be getting a bunch of boxes when I do get it.

Well I like France fine it has been my best part of the trip. It is more like Canada than England was. I sure like it. I will soon be able to talk French. I can speak a few words now and I have not been here long. Roy Belfry’s Battn is close to us. I intend going over to see him tonight if I get time. #853160 Pt. – 4th Inf Battn, BEF Canadians France. That will get me alright.

We have got our little friends with us now and they are sure company, ha ha. They keep me busy scratching. It is the first I ever had on me.

Oh yes when you be sending boxes after this will you put a candle in them. They sure come in handy. We will soon have longer nights. It will be getting darker early and we use them for warming canned stuff.

Well don’t you worry over me for I am well and comfortable and the time will soon come and I will be home with you again. I am your loving son and brother Bruce S

Sending lots of kisses xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment