July 12

Dear mother & sister


I hope this letter will find you well as I am fine. I have not had any word from you for some time. But may be I will get a letter tonight. I wish I did for it does me so much good to get word from home. Melville had a letter from his home and they said that you had got two or three letters from me. I know by now you will have a good many if you got them all. But it is not hard for mail to go astray there is so much of it.

Well how are you dear ones getting along. I suppose lots of hoeing to do. Well I suppose you will be in the Harbour today. I do hope you are having a good time and tell me all about it in your next letter. Tell me if there was any body asking about me. Oh I say I just wish this war had of been over and I was at the Harbour too. It would have been some time for me. How is every body around Moonstone.

I have been on the Ranges this week. We will be up at 3 o’clock in the morning and we be back to the camp at noon so we have all afternoons to our selves. I just had dinner a while ago. I suppose you just had breakfast.

Well I am making out very good on my shooting. There is lots beats me and there is lots that fail all together. I like the shooting well. How is Alex’s, I wish that they are getting along good, if they be down tell them to write. How is little Roy. Does he remember me.

Well how are you and Ada getting along. I guess she will be thinking she is having a big day today showing off to the Harbour people. Well tell me lots of news and write me often. I guess I will close. I will write soon again. I like it fine here and it is not half as bad as you have heard people say. Fellows have no room to grumble about England for drill. They will be fine worse than this. But I think the war is near over, a lot of the fellows are looking forward to be back home by this September. If that is the case I will be able to get to Coldwater fair. Well I will close with lots of love to you both from your loving son and brother Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment