June 1st

Dear mother & sister


Just a few lines to let you know how I am. I hope this letter will find you both well. I am quite well although they keep me still at the hospital. I am able to go out around. I was down to a town called Folkstone last night there is a lot of people who lives around this hospital.

It makes me feel lazy to be laying around here and it s the first of June and I know you are busy working at home. But I don’t expect it will be very long till I get back to help you. I wrote you a letter last Sunday. Did you get it.

How is Alex’s have they been down lately. I hope they are well. Is he still butchering in Midland. Do you ever be up to the V. Harbour how is everything up there.

I wish I knew how you are getting along with the garden. How is Ada. I supposed she is rolling five. I guess she has no colt. I haven’t got a bit of mail yet.

It has been over a month since I got a scrap of mail. It is just a month today since I got on the boat at Halifax, it has been a long old month. We were on the boat a half a month. Well I must ring off. Now don’t you worry about me for I am quite well and having a good time. I have been in the hospital nine days today and I have 12 more to put in. So bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xx

No comments:

Post a Comment