July 22

Dear mother & sister


I hope this letter will find you well as I am fine. I have not had any mail from you since Monday. Maybe I will get some today. I got a dandy box from Myrtle the other night. It went fine. She sent a quart of maple syrup in it. When you send me a box don’t forget to get a little loaf sugar and put in it. I like it for my porridge.

Well mother how are you and Ada getting along. I bet Ada will be good and lazy now. Are you able to catch her Lizzie when she is out in the pasture. Has Myrtle been out home yet. She was telling me she was going did you get any snaps taken. I would certainly like to get some. Well has there been any more fellows enlist around Moonstone lately. I suppose there will be lots of people going down to see Camp Borden this summer. I miss my weekend passes this summer. Of course when a fellow is away over here he does not look for them. They would not be any good to me here.

I don’t mind it here but a fellow got to watch himself pretty close or he will get C.B. I have never got any yet never brought up in the orderly room for anything I will soon have a good conduct medal coming to me. I am in the army over sixteen months now.

How is everything around the Harbour. Do you be up very often. I guess you will be getting the oats cut about the time you get this letter. Do you ever see Tom Sykes. How is he getting along. I suppose Cowans is doing fine. Does Bud ever be in. I suppose he often asks about me. And has Alexs been down yet. Do you get my mail alright. I often write. I always write once a week any way, sometimes twice. Last week I had only time to write once. Well I must close hoping to hear from you soon and this letter will find you well. I remain your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment