June 29 – Edinburgh (King George & Queen Mary Victoria League Club, Ramsay Lodge, The Mound)

Dear mother & sister

I hope these few lines finds you in good health. I am fine and having a big time. Edinburgh is a dandy place. I have not much to tell you for we are not allowed just to tell what all we have seen. But I will be able to tell you all about it when I get back home. I sent a few postcards in a letter and a few views. I will tell you what they are and where I have been in them.

How are you getting on farming. I guess you find lots to do. How is Alex’s have you seen them lately. I hope they are well and tell them I be asking about them or let them see the letters I write home. I bet young Roy is a lad alright. Does he remember me.

Well did you get any strawberries. I suppose every thing will be a little dearer this summer. I have had lots of strawberries to eat since coming on pass and ice cream too. But it does not come up to our Ontario ice cream. Well I have been putting in a fine time you ought just to see the fine little Scottish girls around here.You would think the Canadians were Kings the way they run after them.

Well I must ring off for this time. I will write on Sunday and I expect to get a few letters from home when I get back to camp. I will close with love to you from your loving son and brother Bruce xx

No comments:

Post a Comment