July 1 - West Sandling Camp

Dear mother and sister


I received your welcome letter today and I sure was glad to hear from you. I also rec’d from M.L. and one from Clarence Speerin. He is quite well. His letter was wrote on the 14th. It must have been stories about him being shell-shocked but he has not been right at the front lately. He has been taking some kind of a course.

Well believe me I had a fine time last week. I was in Edinburgh Scotland from Monday night till Friday night. I only spent Saturday in London. I have seen some fine sights lately. Places I never dreamed to be when I used to read about it at school. And I was used fine. You should just see all the nice Scottish girls there is some little beauties, ha ha.

Well your letter was fine. I just read it over about a dozen times. It seemed so good. Glad that you and Ada is getting along good. This is the first of July it is nothing like the first at home. But we are having a holiday tomorrow and I am going to get some pictures taken and when I get them I will send them to you.You get some snaps taken and send them to me and one of Ada too. Well guess there will be a big time at Moonstone tomorrow.

I left here with 4 pounds to go on my pass and I had a pound and a half left when I got home last night. Well I guess haying will be pretty well over by the time you get this letter. Did you get any new hay and how much is it selling at.

My address now is #853160 C. Coy, 3rd Canadian Reserve Battn, West Sandling Camp, Kent, England.I do not know how long my address is going to be that. But it will catch me anyway. I expected that us Machine Gun section will be going to some other place. Hugh Addison is still in the hospital. I bet he is lonesome for coming over on the boat I used to go up into his room and stay a while and fool a bit with him for he was a little lonesome. But it is not a bit use being lonesome over here it never bothers me. Although I often think of home. It is the ones at homes it troubles, it does not bother the boys here.

Well I hope this letter finds you well and do not worry over me for I am fine, and make things as pleasant as you can for yourselfs.

Well I must ring off for this time. Hoping that this little scrap will soon be over and I will be right back home to my dear ones from your loving son and brother Bruce xx

No comments:

Post a Comment