October 25

Dear mother & sister


I hope that these few lines will find you well as I am fine at present. It is a little wet and cold here at present. Fall weather. You should just see the meals I eat you would think I had a tape worm. You know the kind of meals I eat in the fall.

Was I telling you about Bailey being in this Battn. He is in C Coy. Did I tell you I saw Leonard Cowan. I have meet a lot of the boys. I was close to Will Speerin but did not get time to get to see him. But I will likely see him soon.

I have not had any mail from you for a while. Had a couple of letters from Myrtle the other day, one from Alf today wrote on the 3rd of Sept. Did I tell you that Dave was sent to the 19th Battn. He sure felt bad. I know he will miss me for writing letters for him.

There is a quite a few of old B. Coy boys in this Battn. I like this Battn fine. Find both officers and men fine. Do anything to help one an other, that is the way you find us fellows. So don’t you be worrying about me. I will give you my address so you will be sure to have it. A. Coy 4 Platoon LGS 4th Canadians Battn France. It will catch me.

Oh yes I got an Orillia Packet yesterday. The Packet sends it to me, the date was Sept 27th. I seen about the school fair at home. The next one I get will have Coldwater fair in it. Well I must close for it is near bed time. Now dear mother and sister do not be worrying for I am quite alright. It will not be long until I be home with you again. Close with lots of love from your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxx

Ps please send me Fred Shannon address

No comments:

Post a Comment