August 5

Dear mother & sister


I hope this letter will find you well as I am fine. All the mail I have got from you this week was a card Lizzie sent on the 11th of July. I got two letters and a card from Myrtle. Her last letter was dated on the 18th of July. She sent me some snaps that was taken at home. They were sure fine. That is fine of mother in front of the house near the school fence. And the two flower plants showed good. And that was the best one of Lizzie with her hat on. I think Ada is looking pretty good. How are you getting along with her.

It has been raining here for about a week. Today was the first nice day this week. I hear that they are getting a lot of wet weather in Canada. I bet that things will be nice around home now.

I often have a letter from Ed Sykes. He is still well. He told me in his last letter to remember him to Lizzie in my letter and thank her very much for the box she sent him. He said that he had wrote to you but thought the letter might go astray. I think I get all your letters alright. Do you get my letters I have written 31 counting this one, and the letters the cards were inside since I landed in brolly old England.

I was to church in the YMCA this morning. I thought I was home again. The minister that preached had often preached at Moonstone. I forgot his name but I have often seen him. He is a chaplain in one of the Battns. I saw in the paper where they are going to have church every other Sunday at night. That will be fine. What kind of a preacher have you got.

Well I have not been sent to France yet. But don’t you worry over me. I am fine and have lots of friends. And I have one faithful friend who has always protected me. And I pray for him to take care of you every night. The main thing is trust in God and do right.

Well I will soon have to close my letter for Dave wants me to write one home for him. I do all Dave’s writing. I don’t know what he will do when we’re parted. I don’t expect we will go to France together. He is in a different company to me. It is one grand thing to be able to write.

Tell me in your letter what Myrtle had to say when she was out home. And do you ever see Bud. What is his trouble. And how is Cowans coming up. Do they be asking about me. Tell old Mr. Barr if you see him I intend writing him a letter right away.

I expect to be renewing my M.G. course some time this week. They are giving us a week on it just so we won’t forget it. It will be two or three weeks any way before I go to France yet. They have bunches of fine Canadian soldiers in France and England and they all get along so fine together.

Well I must close hoping to hear from you soon. I remain your loving son and brother Bruce. Bye bye with lots of love xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment