August 26

Dear mother & sister


Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well hoping that you are too. I rec’d your welcome letter and card last night. It had been two weeks without getting any more from you. The card was wrote on the 3rd of August and the letter on the 8th. Glad to know that you are getting along alright. I intend writing always to you but I kept putting it off looking for a letter from you.

I just came of church parade a few minutes ago and thought I would start this letter before dinner and I will finish it this afternoon after the rest of the mail is given out. I expect I will get the box you sent me on the 3rd of Aug. I just got five letters and a post card in last night’s mail. A letter from Cecil S. and letter from Laura Belfry, two letters fro Myrtle and 1 letter and a card from you. I also got a couple of Canadian letters last Monday.

Well I am looking to go to France right away. I am on the first draft for the fourth Battn. There is a good bunch of us going together. I would have liked to have had Alex Douglas with me but he is on a draft for the 19th Battn. Don’t you worry about me for I am fine and if you do not get a letter every week don’t get uneasy. I am alright and you know I will write as often as I can. My same address will get me till you get my new one so do not stop writing. I may be here another month. How is Ada I wonder if she does really miss me.

How is Alexs. Have they been down lately. Tell them I may be back yet so we can all have Christmas together again. And if I don’t make it this Christmas I will sure be there for the next one. Do not ever think I intend staying over here for good. I am not that fond of it.

I seen in the Packet where you have been having some heavy thunder storms around home. Any damage done right around Moonstone. I have never seen anything of a storm since I left St. Johns. Well I will sure have lots to tell you when I get back. Well I am going to close for this forenoon I will finish it after dinner.

Well I have had my dinner and the mail has been given out. I only got the papers you sent me. I just heard a few minutes ago that the 19th draft was going to France tonight. So Alex Douglas will be going. I expect that the draft I am in is going tomorrow or Tuesday. I have two or three more letters to write this afternoon. I hope this letter will find you dear ones well and hoping to hear from you soon again.

It just started to rain now but I don’t think it will last long. Well I must close now. Do not worry. From your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx sending lots of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment