October 14

Dear mother & sister


I hope these few lines will find you well as I am just fine. I received your two letters and the box Lizzie posted at Orillia on Sept 1st. It was just dandy. Well I have had a trip in the line and got a long fine. Did not mind it a bit all though the mud was from our ankles up. It rained most of the time. But that is good for young ducks.

I have enjoyed France fine. We are in nice warm billets now. It sure is like fall to me. Wet and very cold. I was out for a walk downtown tonight and I wore my over coat. Just felt fine with overcoat and gloves on. Well I guess the snow will be starting to fly by the time you get this letter. Have you got any wood up. If things keep going as good as they have been there is chance for me to be home for Christmas. I really do not think Friz can stand it all winter.

Well this has been Sunday. All of the boys are writing home tonight. I like the fellows in my section fine. There could not be a better natured bunch of fellows. My address is 4th Can Battn. BEF. A Coy, No. 4 Platoon France. Oh yes you had lots of news to tell me in the last letter. That’s the kind of letter I like getting. How is Ada. I guess she finds the weather cool.

Well I think I had better close the boys are all well hoping to hear from you soon and I will write soon again. I remain your loving son and brother Bruce

Close with love and xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment