July 8

Dear mother & sister


I hope this letter will find you well, I am enjoying good health. How did you spend the first of July. I had a pretty good time. Melville Belfry and I was down to Folkestone. Well how is everything at home. I suppose you are getting along alright.

Things are pretty good here. I have no room to grumble yet, we have a nice clean hut to live in and bunks to sleep on. We scrub it out about three time a week and we have good dishes to eat off. And an orderly to wash our dishes and set the meal for us. There is 30 in a hut. I find it fine, it beats the camps in Canada. If the boys only thought so.

I was just over to the orderly room for the mail for the hut and I got a letter from Myrtle. She said she had sent me a box but I have not received it yet, but it is likely I will get it tomorrow. I got two letters from you on Tuesday night. Alex has not been down since Christmas? It is a wonder they do not come down. I hope they are not sick. So Ada is a pet of mothers. I guess mother pets her a lot. I wonder if she misses me. Tell mother to give her an extra pet for me. I will soon be back to look after her. Well I see where I got to get up at three o’clock in the mornings this week and go to the ranges. But that will not be too bad we will have all afternoon to our selves.

It is raining here today but I think it will be nice by tomorrow. It seems to take a long time for a letter to get here. 20 days that seems a long while. Well were you up to V Harbour for the 12 of July I guess there would be a good time. I would just of liked to been there for the day but maybe I can have a better time here.

I don’t think it may be very long before I get a chance for France. Our Coy is the one that has to put up the draft this time. But it is very likely that my teeth will hold me back. It will mean a quite a while to me if I miss this draft for the next one will come out of another Coy. And another month may mean the end of the war and I think every body will be glad.

I am going to send you a couple of papers to look at. I sent you a couple of postcards and I will send you a couple of more for fear you did not get them. I must close for this time hoping that you keep well. So bye bye I close with lots of love from your loving son and brother Bruce xx

No comments:

Post a Comment