June 24 - West Sandling Camp

Dear mother & sister


I do hope this letter will find you well and that everything is going well. I received a letter from you on the 20th and you may know how glad I am always to get a letter from home. I know that you be anxious to hear from me. But I do my best to write as often as I can to you. I mostly write twice a week anyway.

There is no more 177th Battn. It is now 3rd Reserve Battn. I do not know if I will be going to Machine Gun School, but I will know right after I come off leave. I am going to go on pass in the morning. I am going to Edinburgh, Scotland and I may stay in London in England a few days. All the boys is away from here that came from home or I would have went to see some of them. Do you know I was in the hospital at Moore Barracks and Roy Atkinson from the V. Harbour was in the same one and I did not know it but I heard it soon as I come back to camp.

You ask me if I need any socks. I do not think I will need any more for a whole year, why I have a whole kit bag full. Did I tell you about me getting a couple of pair from Barrie, Lena Stotesbury sent them to me and I got the handkerchiefs you sent me.

How are you getting on farming. How is Alex’s have you seen them lately. I supposed Ada is fine. Well I must ring off for this time I remain your loving son and brother Bruce

C.Coy 3rd Canadian Reserve Battn

West Sandling Camp, Kent, England

No comments:

Post a Comment