October 23

Dear mother & sister


I hope these few lines will find you well as I am fine. Just fine. I received two letters from you the other night and was sure glad to get them. I also got the box you sent me with the chicken in. But sorry to say the box was all spoiled. The only thing was any good was one of the handkerchiefs. But it was just as good as if it had been good for I know just how you be thinking of me and be wanting me to have whatever you are eating. But don’t send any more chicken until late in the winter. We can buy both chicken and duck here. Anything we want. All your other boxes were fine. Oh yes the strawberries and honey was OK. I have rec’d five boxes from you.

I also got a box from Myrtle the other night. You were asking me about butter. It is not very plentiful. You can put a little in the next boxes you send. And do not forget a candle or two and did I tell about a pair of gloves. That is all I want.

Oh yes glad to hear Alex’s has a little girl. What does Master Roy think of that. What do they call her. Well I must close hoping to hear from you soon again and remember I often think of my loved ones at home and hope to soon be with them again.

I am your loving son and brother Bruce S. sending lots of love xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment