June 6

Dear mother & sister


I hope this letter will find you well. I am quite well but I am still in the hospital. All I have to do is write. I guess you will know that if you get all my letters I write home twice a week. I have not got a line from you. I think it must be your fault. I got a letter from Myrtle last night and one from Hattie Rayfield also a card from Fred. I will put it in the letter I know it is not your fault for me not getting any mail. I guess it is held up at the army office. I expect to get a letter tonight from you. The letters I got was wrote on the 11th May and I got it on the 6th of June. So it takes a quite a while to come but that is nothing. Long as I get word from home to know how you are. I guess you will be busy too. You don’t have the time to write. I have. I have been wondering if you have a little colt at home yet. If there was I would just be crazy to see it but I guess you won’t get one.

Where do you pasture Ada. The orchard would be a good place if she had a colt it would not be too hot for it there would be lots of shade. It would not be so awful long till I be home again. They expect that this month will finish the war and it will be a good thing if it does. I believe you would hardly know me if you saw me. I have got so fat. This laying around and all you want to eat is getting along good with me. I often take a little walk out around and it makes me hungry for my meals.

How is Alex’s, tell them to write. Well I have not heard from Hugh Addison. We left him in the (censored) hospital when we got off the boat. Our Battn is quarantined in at Otterpool for 20 more days. So I am in no hurry to get out of here, I have seven more days here.

Well I hope you are keeping quite well and do not worry over me for I am fine and I will soon be back to you. Well I must close for this time. I will write on Sunday if not before it. So bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xx

No comments:

Post a Comment