July 29

Dear mother & sister


I rec’d another welcome letter from you yesterday. I sure do be glad to hear from you. I answered your letter I got on Tuesday. Your last letter was dated for the 7th of July and I rec’d it on the 29th. Did I tell you I got the box from Mrs. McClung and I got another box from the Red Cross at Moonstone. It was Cassie Burnfield that sent it.

Well I hope this letter will find you dear ones well as I am fine. I just came in of church parade. While the sermon was going on it started to rain so when we got in we all had to change our clothes. We got a fire on in our hut so our clothes will soon be dry.

Well how are you getting along farming. I suppose pretty busy. How are you making out with the bugs. Tell me lots of news in your next letter, all about 1st of July and the 12th. I would sure like to have some of those snaps. I got a letter from Bud today. I was glad to hear from him.

I wish I could just picture in your mind all I have seen. Certainly has been great. I never thought of such things. It sure has been well worth seeing. The only great fault this place has is too much beer. You can see girls in the bar room drinking just the same as men and all girls for bar tenders. But may be they will learn to know better they are paying for it now.

Hugh Addison has just got back from Liverpool hospital. He got a couple of boxes the other night so I had to go down with him and help him to eat them. So when I had just got back Herb Crooke came in. He wants me to go up to his hut and help to eat a box he had got from home so I think I fair might well.

I must ring off. Hoping to hear from you soon and looking for those snaps. Did I tell you I got two dollars in your 2nd last letter. It came in fine. I don’t know how it is but I always seem to have good luck. I have no room to kick. So bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment