November 23

Dear mother & sister


I guess you will be thinking it is near time you where getting a letter from me. I would have wrote to you if I had of had the time but it has been impossible but I may get a letter or two to you now. Well I hope this letter will find you dear ones in the best of health. I am just fine having big times. I guess you have seen in the paper once and a while where we have been giving Friz’s a run.

I rec’d your box that was posted about the 20 of Oct. I never seen any butter which ever kept any better, it sure was good. Everything was OK in it. I got it when I was in the trenches and it sure went good. I also got your letter dated Oct 17.

Well I guess you will have lots of snow on the ground at home now. Well I hope you are getting along good. I am glad that mother and Ada are such good friends. It sure must help to pass the time. Oh yes I had a letter from Everton Belfry today he said you were fine. That you had been up to their place.

Herb Crooke is with this Battn now. Melville Belfry is gone to the 19th. Also Hugh and Will Douglas. I am glad Will got going for Alex is in that Battn.

Well I must ring off. I want to send a little Christmas box to you and Lizzie tomorrow. Remember I love you and often think of you. Trust in God and it will not be long until I be safely home again. Hoping to hear from you soon again. I am your loving son and brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment