December 25

Dear mother and sister


I hope these few lines will find you well as I am just fine. I have had no word from you for some time. I didn’t know what has gone wrong with the mail. No body getting any. Did I tell you about getting your box with the duck in it. And I rec’d a parcel from Myrtle last night with a nice little cake in it and a little jar of honey. I have not got the box you sent me with honey and cake in it yet. But it is likely I will get it for New Years.

Well this is Christmas day. I wonder how you dear ones are spending it. Mine is not as good as last year. But I think it is pretty fair for away out here. It is as much like Sunday as anything to me. It is snowing here today but it is not very cold. A year ago tonight I went in a load to Coldwater to skate. Have they got a rink at Coldwater this winter. Does Bud go to it. Has Verna Bar enlisted. I saw in the Times where he had given a party in the hall.

Well mother how is Ada and you coming up. You will have to be pretty careful with her when the snow gets deep driving. How is the harness. Try and make them last this year. I will surely be home before next Christmas. You never told me how much the taxes was, were they pretty high.

Well Lizzie how is Miss Smyth and you getting along. Is she a pretty good teacher.

How is Alexs I hope they keep well. Do they ever come down to see you. How do you like your new store keeper.

I have not seen the Douglas boys for a long time. I saw Will Speerin a few days ago. I was talking to Bailey last night. He had got a letter from Dalton Heaship a few days ago.

Well I must close and don’t you be worrying about me for I am having a picnic. Lots to eat and learning to talk French fast. I could write you a letter in French now. I guess Lizzie will be wondering if I ever meet Frank Tindale or Harold McClean. I have never met them yet. I had a letter from Will Smith in England. He said he had wrote to you. I must ring off. I am your true loving son and Brother Bruce Speerin xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment