August 7

Dear mother & sister


I hope this letter will find you well. I have not got any mail from you lately but it is not your fault there has been no Canadian mail came in lately. The last word I have from you was the card Lizzie sent me from Orillia but I have had a letter from Myrtle since her last letter was wrote on the 18th of July.

Well this week has been real nice so far. I was down to the ranges this week a couple of days and I am going back tomorrow again. I like the shooting practice fine. We get lots of shooting here and that is what we need. I think we will all be pretty good shots. Well how are you getting along farming. I suppose you will have the oats cut by the time you get this letter. How did you manage to get them cut. It will soon be three months since we got to England and it is over four months since we left home. I think four months more will likely put us all back home again. Old Ada looks fine in the snap. I guess she still watches for my coming.

Well Lizzie how are you and Jack coming on. I guess you are pretty thick ha ha. I wish I had something to tease you about. I suppose you will be some divorced by this time ha ha. Well tell me lots of news when you write. I wrote you a letter on Sunday.

Well I guess I will have to close it is just about supper time. We have had nothing to do this afternoon we never do when we go to the ranges. We leave about 4 o’clock in the morning and get back about a quarter to 12. Well I must say bye bye hoping to hear from you soon. I remain your loving son and brother Bruce.

No comments:

Post a Comment