September 30

Dear mother and sister


Just a few lines to let you know I am quite well hoping this letter finds you well. I have only rec’d one letter from you since I came to France. That one I got on the 9th of Sept. that is the only mail I have got from anyone since coming here. Well I hope that you are well and getting along fine with the work.

I have not been up the line yet but where I am now suits me fine, out of all danger. I like France good. I seen Leonard Cowan every day, also Ed and Clarence. I have seen so many I know it would take a sheet of paper to write all their names. Meeting some every day.

Well I wish I would get a letter from you soon. I would like to know the news. But I have found out a little from Clarence and Ed. They get their mail regular. Is it right about Tom Sykes buying F.D. Robinson’s store. Things will be changing a little. Why is Robinsons getting into the farming.

Well let me know how many potatoes and apples you had this year. Has the people threshed around home yet. How many oats did you have. How is Alexs hope they are well. Is Ada still feeling gay. Well I must ring off. Hoping to soon get a letter and do not be worrying for I am quite well and safe. The only way is trust in God and I will sure return home again to you.

Well bye bye from your loving son and brother Bruce S. with love xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment